Wednesday, September 07, 2005

More Capitalism

The next stop on Wednesday morning was a touristy shopping area right outside the garden. All of the shops and buildings were of that same traditional Chinese construction like the garden itself, and the shops were similar to those of Nanjing road, but with more of the "classic chinese" items that tourists (myself included) love to buy. Jewelry, fancy chopsticks, figurines carved from jade and mahogany, etc.



After lunch we had an hour or so to explore and practice our haggling skills. Mine still need some refining. I think maybe I'm too lazy or too nice to really get into it. I also don't like that I have to pretend to be disinterested in what I'm looking at, regardless of how cool it really is. But I still can't complain about the prices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home